Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Erectile dysfunction is defined as the consistent inability to attain or maintain a sufficiency rigid penile erection for sexual performance. Around 50% of men between 40-70 years old have erectile dysfunction.
The sexual dysfunction of the man may be manifested in different ways. Patient history by a doctor is critical to the proper diagnosis and treatment. Loss of erection can result from arterial, venous, neurogenic, psychological cause, medicines, history of surgery or accident that implicates the pelvis. A loss of libido may indicate androgen deficiency.
Second step is a laboratory control to check about presence of other diseases such as: diabetes mellitus, hypercholesterolemia, low testosterone etc.
Most men suffering from erectile dysfunction can be treated successfully with one or a combination of the following approaches:
- Change of life style: Good nutrition, less alcohol, quit smoking, regular exercise, good sleep, stress control etc.
- Good control and treatment of existing diseases
- Testosterone replacement (More Reading)
- Natural medicine: Butea Superba and Nitro (Kyäni)
- Vasoactive therapy with oral agents (sildenafil/vardenafil/tadalafil) or local injectable agents, which enhance blood flow into the penis
- Penile prosthesis (Surgery)
Men with psychogenic erectile dysfunction (usually younger men) can benefit from behavioral sex therapy
You are welcome at the clinic for counselling and treatment!